Monday, June 9, 2008

Only once.....so far!

Hello Team!
How goes the training?? This weekend I finally purchased my pedals and shoes and have discovered the wonders of falling over!!!! But only once.....and I can blame that on my daughter for stopping in front of me suddenly.......hehe...

With most of the areas bike trails under water once again, I am back to rode riding. With another major downpour of 3-5 inches, several towns and roads are flooded, including the road to my house and my (and Gail's) hometown of Sumner. The local resident's of Parkersburg are slowly recovering from the tornadoes of Memorial Day Weekend with an estimated 5.4 million dollar cost to just REMOVE the debris. It has been a bad spring for flooding and tornadoes. Let us all hope and pray that hot weather for RAGBRAI is ALL we get.

So, for me, it is back to learning how to stop without falling over and navigating the "road closed" signs.

Happy Trails everyone!!!

Carla

1 comment:

Tascha said...

Carla - Welcome to the world of clipping in! I can personally say that I thought I was done falling over (happened to me once a few yrs ago when I first bought them). And then a couple of weeks ago I was on my mountain bike and found myself going up a short but very steep hill on a local trail. I didn't have it in my legs to keep moving, so I tried to unclip and of course as soon as I took pressure off the pedals ended up with the bike starting to go backwards down the hill and then - you guessed it - falling over. Slow motion and on the dirt - so no harm no foul. I still looked around to make sure no one saw me :)