Saturday, April 5, 2008

First Ride . . .

So, the first really nice day of spring, and I decide to do some yard clean up. Still some leaves hanging around from last fall, and I plan on having a really nice yard this year, so I know I need to get those old leaves up and do some other after-winter clean up.

I drag out the lawn mower, put on the bagger, fill the gas, check the oil, grab the iPod, and get started.

But low and behold, not 10 minutes later, Chris Clark rides up on his bike . . . well needless to say, I oh-so-quickly abandoned my yard-work duties, changed my clothes, and off we rode.

We headed up the East Race trail to Angela, over to the Riverside Trail to Darden, then up Laurel into St. Patrick's County Park. I appeared that today was the day for many first-of-the-season rides as we saw a number of cyclists on the same route.

A total of only 20 miles for me (Chris was going to try to get to 30 miles before he arrived back home), but we did enjoy a Red Hook Copper Hook beer after getting back to my house.

For a first ride, it was definitely a reminder that those extra pounds I put on over the winter need to come off, that my butt's not nearly ready for RAGBRAI, and that I really do love riding bicycle.

No comments: