Monday, June 4, 2007

Last Wednesday

As I started my regular commute, my pedal was making noise but I kept going. About half way to work I heard a noise and thought, "darn! a flat!" I turned around and saw that my rack had come loose and my trunk was dragging on the sidewalk. I managed to velcro it to the seat post and start back up. The pedal was quiet by now, but wobbling a little. I got to campus and showered and headed to where I was suppposed to be conducting a workshop. Then right in front of the library, my pedal and its arm fell off the bike! I jammed it back on and did a sort of pedal-pedal-kick, pedal-pedal-kick to get to where I needed to be for the class. When I got there, the room was locked and the building manager was not expected until long after the time I was supposed to start. A custodian unlocked the door in time for me to get started about ten minutes late. Halfway through the two-hour session I was about to take a break when the fire alarm went off ... What a morning!

No comments: