Monday, May 28, 2007

A short ride today...anyone have an extra tube?

Charmelle and I did a short ride. We were shooting for about 25 miles. I took my Trek carbon road bike out for the first time in years. I had tuned it all up last week and was ready to ride it for the season rather than buying a new bike. At 8 miles, my front tire flatted. No biggie. these wheels have always been flat-pron. Did a quick tube change and found a problem with the rim strip so I fixed that and off we went. I got to try out my new pump a Topeak Morph, way nice pump. Thanks for the suggestion Henry. So off we go on our ride. at about 16 miles, my rear tire goes flat! OK, I'm annoyed, but I have another tube, and a patch kit just in case. So I change the tube and take off again. At 25 miles, my front goes again! We were close to home, so Charmelle grabbed the car and picked me up. It was such a nice ride on a great day, just flat city though. Anyone want to buy a set of Campy wheels...cheap!!!!!
I've always hated those wheels, hard to get tires on and off, and frequent flats. The road bike is getting parted out. So if you need some Campy stuff, I have a nice set :-)

No comments: